Saturday, September 02, 2006

Yarn Crawl


So my kids are visiting their grandparents in Oklahoma and what do you think I want to do with all this free time? Yarn Crawl!! My DH is a great guy and he was game for it so off we went.

Guess where I went on my yarn pilgrimage? That's me at the base of the statue of Sam Houston. Yep, we went to Texas and all the yarn stores I visited were in Texas except for one in Oklahoma. We had a great time and visited 5 yarn stores over 2 days in 4 cities. My big dilemma before we left was what projects to take with me. I just took 2 projects; socks and my first attempt at lace.

This is the beginning of a Birch shawl in one of my new acquisitions, a Lantern Moon bag. And here are the socks:
I have plenty of pictures, but I want to make them last so I'll add a few on each post this week along with my opinions on the various shops.
Have a great Labor Day Weekend!

No comments: