Tuesday, August 29, 2006

First Finished Sweater!


It's dry, the ends are woven in, and I am finished with my first sweater! I did the large size on the pattern and I can't believe that it fits me so well. I love it. I went to the KAL a lot for the modifications to the pattern. Here are the specs:
Yarn: 2 1/2 skeins of Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece in Robin's Egg Blue
Needles: Size 4 and 6 KnitPicks 32" circulars
Started: July 26, 2006
Finished: August 28, 2006
Modifications: Added extra waist decreases and spaced them out over 5 rows. Added hip increases and added 3 rows of stockinette before ribbing on sleeves. That's it!

I really liked how easy this pattern was, but the rounds of stockinette did get kind of tiring at the end. And like many at the KAL, I screwed up the lace pattern a couple of times and had to rip back. The only thing I'm worried about is if it will ride up too much when I'm wearing it. If it does, I'll just add another inch or two to the bottom. Now I need to find another sweater project.

No comments: