Thursday, September 07, 2006

Texas-sized Yarn Stores

To continue on my yarn crawl through Texas, my next stop was The Woolie Ewe in Plano. The Woolie Ewe is a HUGE store. There was a ton of variety; Artful Yarns, Noro, Rowan, Debbie Bliss, it just goes on and on. I was totally overwhelmed and wandered around for about an hour. In the end, I left with only these 4 skeins of Lorna's Laces. That's River on the left and Jay Pond on the right. After a little talking that night, we decided to drive to Houston in the morning and go to Yarns2Ewe. My DH had been there earlier in the year and purchased some of the Mother's Day yarn. So he thought I should at least see it. Yarns2Ewe was another massive store, but here they had Koigu! I found two other colors I really liked, but they only had 1 skein of each, so I left them behind.

We decided that was plenty of yarn stores for the time being and went to the Museum of Natural Science to see the BodyWorlds exhibit.

Carol's Knitting Studio in Oklahoma City was the final stop on my whirlwind yarn tour. This is where I picked up my Lantern Moon bag along with just a bit of Lorna's Laces in Watercolor and some Blue Sky Cotton.



So...That wraps up my yarn tour!

No comments: