Friday, September 08, 2006

Anxiously waiting

I seem to be forgetting a lot of things in my posts lately. I forgot to mention that both The Woolie Ewe and Yarns2Ewe were both nice places, but I think because of the sheer size of them, they just didn't have that same intimate feel of Simpatico Yarns and Yarn Palette. I have been to Carol's Knitting Studio before, so I knew I liked it and I had some idea of what she carried. She has expanded since last Christmas and now the store is twice the size it was and she carries Malabrigo. I hadn't seen Malabrigo before and it is gorgeous. I also love the way that Carol's Knitting Studio smells. I don't know what she does, but the smell is wonderful.

Ok, I haven't mentioned the big news yet, but...I ordered a spinning wheel. After my time in Dallas, I decided that yes, I think I would enjoy spinning. So, here I sit, waiting for the UPS truck and trying to decide if this was a good idea for my knitting or not. I have tried to curtail the time I spend on the internet, but now I keep trying to find links to help me learn how to spin. So, if you don't hear from me for a little bit, it's because I have been sucked in by my spinning wheel.

No comments: