Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Wichita Falls and DFW

Alright, the first stop was Yarn Palette in Wichita Falls, Texas. This store had the best setup for relaxing with your knitting that I have ever seen. There were three big, comfy sofas all positioned around a coffee table that had snacks and magazines on it. There was even additional lighting all around this sitting area.
I found this Rowan Cashsoft Aran on sale for 25% off. I couldn't believe the yarn selection this store had (plenty of Rowan!) and the owner was incredibly friendly.



The next stop was in Bedford, Texas. Bedford is a small suburb on the Northeast side of Fort Worth. Simpatico Yarns was hands down the friendliest store I have ever visited. The owner, Mary Jane, made me feel welcome and at home as soon as I stepped in her store. I wandered around for awhile before I heard my DH calling me over. I walked around a small display and there was a spinning wheel sitting there in all her beauty. It was fate! Mary Jane graciously offered me a mini-lesson and she was such a wonderful, encouraging teacher! I, of course, was totally uncoordinated; couldn't keep the wheel going and have my hands work at the same time.
I totally wished I lived in DFW so this could be my LYS, but oh well. The yarn is Soxie in Nantucket Blue by Great AdirondackYarn Co. I also picked up Barbara Walker's A Treasury of Knitting Patterns. I will continue with my visit to one other yarn store in the DFW area next time.

No comments: