Saturday, June 24, 2006

Pretending to be Ebert


Sorry about the picture, but the sun was reflecting off the needles something fierce! I have had a little while to knit with my new needles and I have to say I am still thrilled with them. I think these are a great alternative to Addi Turbos. The KP needles have the same speed and fabulous join as the Addis, but they are so much cheaper!
Everywhere I have seen Addis, they run between $12.50 and $15.00 a pair. The Knitpicks set is priced at $59.99 with the option to buy more cables and tips for the set. If you didn't want the entire set, you can just purchase individual needles with the cables for $8.00 to $11.00 a pair.

I do have a set of Denise interchangeable needles, but these are much faster to knit with and the cable is a lot thinner. Trying to do Magic Loop with the Denises is a little difficult, but these cables seem like they would be much better.
I even like the binder for the set since you can add more pockets for additional tips and cables. Now about the only problem I have with these needles is that I have a tendency to push the needles with the tips of my fingers and these tips are too sharp for that. So I will have to break that habit. The sharp tips are great though, especially for tight knitters.

So overall, I am very happy with this set and will most likely get more needles to add to it.

The other package I received in the mail included some new Regia Bamboo yarn for some summer socks. The colors are Passion on the left, Afrika on top and Papillon on the bottom. Woohoo!

3 comments:

Kim said...

I've been reading about these on KR.. but what you've said about them has made me *really* want them!

I have the Denise set too and I looove them.. I've never tried Addis though so I don't know what they're like.. I think I will start with these when I have some extra money to spend though.

Thanks for posting a picture of the case.. I've been wondering what it was like.

JalynR said...

Thanks for the comment! Just a warning, though, if you haven't tried Addis or something similar; they are really slippery and it does take a little adjusting. At least for me it did! But if you have ever had problems with the yarn sliding over the join, these will make you very happy.

Anonymous said...

Great to see the joins up close. I have ordered their DPN's in 0's. I can't seem to keep from breaking them when I use wood! Can't wait to try them out.