Monday, December 11, 2006



Alright, I am obviously out of my mind. I went to Lawrence and KC this weekend on the pretext of getting my friend to try on her socks. You know, so I could officially get them off the needles. Well, apparently a few yarn stores got in the way and I came home with these new sock yarns. Like I don't have enough for the next few YEARS. The top one is the new Colinette Jitterbug. I had heard about it on the Knittyboard, but wow! It is so vibrant and squishy, a lot like STR on first glance. I'll have to knit this up SOON. The bottom ones are more Koigu I picked up at The Studio. I also had another friend with me who insisted on buying for me a sock yarn I was eyeing, but had put back:
This is J-Knits (Superwash Me-Light Sock in the Amesbury color), which I had not heard of before. The Studio had several different colors of it and they all looked pretty interesting. Oh, and I got the Colinette at Knit-Wit in Olathe. So now I'm really in the mood to knit some socks.
And the socks I knit for my friend...they fit! Woo-Hoo! So I kitchenered (is that a word?) the seams and they are ready to go.

No comments: