Thursday, July 20, 2006

Not socks

So, my class in the 'burbs was NOT canceled. The class is about felting and using the slip stitch for cool color changes. We are making these little clutch bags and I am really enjoying it. The last class is this weekend where we will hopefully cover finishing. I think I'm really enjoying this because I haven't knit with other people before. Or gone somewhere specifically to knit. It felt different to know that this was time for knitting and I didn't need to be cleaning the house, doing the laundry, playing with the kids, playing with the puppy, etc. Very relaxing and addictive. I started wondering what other classes I could take.
Oh, and I'm using my Denise needles because my new Knitpicks are too big. I hope they come out with some smaller cables soon.
Well, next week, I get to go visit my mom and some high school friends back in Texas. I'm dreading how hot it might be down there considering how bad it's been here. But, I do like visiting the yarn store there. And speaking of yarn stores...here is the yarn I picked up in Omaha. And coming soon, the shoes I got to showcase my socks.

1 comment:

Alliesw said...

I know what you mean about never knitting with other people--one of these days, I think I need to get to a class, or at least a group, to do it. It sounds fun--and what pretty knitting!