Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Finally!


I finally finished my Cedar creek socks! Yay! I finished them on Saturday and they are my very first socks for me. Now, I have knit other socks for me, but they were quickly confiscated by other members of my family. So, these are mine, mine, mine.

On Sunday, we went to Omaha, so I got to visit two new yarn stores. The first one I went to, Personal Threads, was impressive in the amount of Koigu they had. But I would definitely not recommend taking children with you. Since we were traveling and my DH was working, I didn't have a choice and they were with me. My kids do like to knit as well, so they like to touch all the yarn and pick stuff out to knit with, too. I mention this because the manager was not fond of kids touching everything in the store, which I do understand. Once I convinced the kiddos to sit in one spot, I was taken to the storage area and shown even more Koigu! The manager was friendly and knowledgeable so I would still go back, just without the kids to lower everyone's stress level.

The second store I went to was String of Purls. This store was beautiful and spacious. There was also a palpable atmosphere that was one of the friendliest and most welcoming I have ever encountered. They also happened to be having a sale of 25% off all yarn or half your age, whichever is greater, in honor of an owner's birthday. I enjoyed my visit immensely and I could definitely see myself hanging out and knitting there. Too bad it's five hours away!

2 comments:

Larjmarj said...

Great feeling to finish a pair! Nice work

Alliesw said...

I have the same problem with socks I knit for me winding up on other feet! Quixk, put them on, wear them around, make them yours!