Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Nothing Much

Well, there's not a whole lot to blog about for me. Still working on Birch, I'm now on row 160 with 99 stitches left on the needles. I know I'll make my deadline of Oct. 20. Now I'm anxious to finish so I can cast on for my Clapotis. And this time it's not my self-control keeping me from casting on, I need the size 8s for Clapotis. My DH did say, "Why don't you use your Denises?" I admit it freely, I'm totally spoiled by my Knitpicks needles and I want to use them for Clapotis. So I ordered additional tips so this can't happen again! And you can't just order one thing from Knitpicks, so I ordered some of their new wool/silk blend sock yarn, Gloss.
I did go to Cottage Fiber in Kansas City. It was wonderful. The owner was very friendly and she offers Spinning classes. I've never been to a shop that was exclusively spinning. And she offered a sampler pack that I bought so maybe I can get an idea of what I like to spin. I can't wait to go back.There has been a little spinning going on around here. Just working on my beautiful finger roving from Crown Mountain Farms. I think I have about a third of it left. Pictures soon.

No comments: