Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Late to the Party

This is a progress pic of my clapotis. I'm doing it out of the recommended Lorna's Laces Lion & Lamb in Sandridge. Sorry the picture is a little dark, it has been overcast for awhile here.

I was reading an interesting discussion over at Knitter's Review about the popular patterns and if the popularity influences whether you knit them or not. My feeling is that if I like the pattern, it doesn't matter what everyone else is doing. The clapotis and birch are both really popular patterns on the internet, but I really liked how they looked. Also, just because something is popular among knitters doesn't make it ubiquitous among the general population because the percentage of knitters is not that large. The figure I've heard is about 15% of Americans
are knitters or crocheters. So even if everyone knit the same thing, it's not like picking it up at the Gap or something.

No comments: