Sunday, May 28, 2006

A Little Late for Mother's Day Pics

I thought it would be okay to post a few pics of my most amazing Mother's Day present from my wonderful husband. These Koigu skeins were just a small portion of the bounty I received! I couldn't believe it when he showed me all of it laid out.

The funny part is when I went shopping in Lawrence at the Yarn Barn, I couldn't buy any Koigu because I couldn't remember all the different colors I had just received!
I am looking forward to finding the right patterns for these yarns. So I do have plenty to knit this summer, because I'm sure it won't be long until it's cool enough to wear wool socks again.

I'm also pretty excited because I have signed up for a spinning class and a dyeing class this summer. When I told a girlfriend of mine about the spinning class, she asked, "With bikes, right?". I don't think she understood when I told her it was about yarn. I can't decide if I'm more excited about learning something new, or meeting other people who are into fiber as well. There doesn't seem to be a big knitting community here. From what I can tell, quilting is the bigger hobby in these parts. We do have one small LYS, but there's not much in the way of sock yarn. Of course, we also have Hobby Lobby and Michael's, but there's not a lot of natural fibers there. SOOO, I hope that explains the trip to Lawrence! I have ventured to Salina as well and there is a fabulous yarn store, Yarns, I think. But with all the new yarn, I don't think I'll feel the urge for a little while at least!


1 comment:

Pugknits said...

he didn't pick those out for you?!! you've got a keeper! :)