Thursday, May 25, 2006







As promised, here is my May shipment, Fairgrounds. I just love how Springy these colors are! I also have a progress pic on my Cedar Creek socks. I had to rip back twice, because I was being delusional. The first time, I was doing the sock cuff down and I didn't like how the picot edge was turning out. The second time I was almost done with the first sock when I realized the truth that the sock was just too tight. I didn't want to admit it because I had loved how the striping was turning out. Oh well, now I know just because I love how something looks, that alone won't make it fit!

As for the Fairgrounds pattern, Rock and Weave, I'm just not sure yet. I love how the linen stitch looks, but I am not one for buttons on my socks. I figure since I'm still working on my Cedar Creeks, I'll just wait to see how they are turning out on the KAL.

I do find myself wanting to knit something I can wear as soon as it's done. Wool socks in the summer? Mmm, no. I'll probably start on some cotton socks soon. I wish I could see what Blue Moon's Sock Candy looks like. I know I have heard that you can call or email Blue Moon with a request, but I would like to see some of the colorways that are available in Sock Candy. Oh, and I have fallen in love with those Noni bags
. I have yet to see them in person, but they look so cute in the pictures!

Have you seen some of the new summer patterns at Knitpicks? I just got my catalog yesterday and I saw some summer tops that looked doable. And they have Nicky Epstein's Knitted Flowers for $15.72! So, I'm thinking of what else I can get to qualify for free shipping. We'll see what hits me when I finish my cedar creeks. Yes, I am one of those people who can't have too many projects going at once. Makes me jumpy.

3 comments:

Pugknits said...

nice color..:)

Pugknits said...

nice color..:)

Knitopia said...

You can see Sock Candy in Lapis on the right here.